Instagram

Saturday, June 2, 2012

My 2012 Summer Makeup Essentials!



Hello and HAPPY SUMMER LOVELYS!

So summer is my FAVORITE  season of the year! I love being able to lounge on the beach all day, wear sandals and wedges, the bright colors, eat my fav cookie dough ice cream from my beach, the warm weather! :) YES PUHLEASE!

I will be doing a whole Summer Essentials Series, but to first start off with is Makeup!

I am all for the fresh DEWY look this summer, you've seen it on Victoria Secret Models, runways, and celebs. It is truly is all about looking fresh and effortless with your makeup this summer. It's all about the DEW! lol, Meaning less matte based products and more cream and liquid based ones!

In essence the idea behind this summers look is...
 a) Have a fresh "I am not wearing foundation" look..but we all are ;)
b) Bronze with a little shimmer
c) a natural lip with some gloss or a pop of color
d) a dewy eye
f) a creamy or tinted cheek to give of that "I was just out in the sun" look and
g) highlight that gives the perfect glow when the sun hits your face a certain way!

I am loving this because I for one am soooooooo tired of the all Matte look I have been sporting for quite some time, ENOUGH! Time for some dewy fun! :)


 I am currently on a quest to find the perfect blend of EVERYTHING for my face but here is what I have compiled so far.... 

1) Foundation 
I have been IN LOVE with my DR. Jart Water Fuse BB Cream I picked up from Sephora! It is light., buildable, moisturizing, and covers imperfections pretty well. I honestly feel as though this is like a second skin to me! I love this stuff so much not mention it has a ton of benefits for your skin! It is a lighter coverage which I is my own preference, but for those of you who prefer more I recommend the Dr, Jart Premium if you wanted to try out the BB Cream craze for yourself. 

2) Concealor
I am using my Cover & Olay Simply Ageless Concealer in light. I have been using this stuff for about a year now so nothing new there ;) I love the moisturizing effects it has and the fact that it is a cram based product so it does not mattify.


3) Eyes
I am sick and tired of my boring matte eyeshadows so I have been buying all cream based eye shadows. So far I have bought:
~Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in " 13,Warm Beige"
~Revlon Illuminance Cream Shadow in "Just Not Nudes"
~Maybelline Color Tattoo in "Bad to the Bronze"
They are all in warmer beige and bronzed tones that I have always preferes butI love the dewy effect they give!
For eyeliner I have swatched from my Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on in Zero (black) to a more grey based liner to help make the green in my eyes pop more and also to tone the whole eye area down a bit. For this I have been using Make Up For Ever in 1L, it's a gorgeous grey with the tiniest bit of silver flex in it, something I think just gives the eyes the at little pop shimmer.

4) Blush
I have been using Maybelline Dream Bouncy blush in "Peach Satin" It is not only fun to press into (it bounces back up) but it's very blendable and buildable. I love the color and it gives your cheeks that pinched/just spent the day in the sun look. I love it so far!

5) Highliter
I have been using Benefit Moon Beam. It's a liquid highliter which was another bug trend on the 2012 runways.With this product they have a few different shades, so find the one that's best for your skin tone. Mine is more of an olive based tone so this worked wonders for me and gave that perfect sunkissed glow!

6) Lips)
I have been using either just my Lip balm, or my Sugar tinted lip treatment in "Honey"for the tiniest bit of color. But lately I have been really into they all natural lip with a little but of light pink gloss.

7) Bronzer
For bronzer I have been trying out the Nars Laguna  bronzer since it has been all the rage for awhile now but am still testing out too see what I think ;)

So that's what I have so far for my summer makeup, what have you guys been trying out that you like???

Check out my Summer Essentials video below from my Youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=thestylesmeow





                                            xo
                                        Kaylee <3

No comments:

Post a Comment