Instagram

Monday, September 24, 2012

Sequins, Chiffon, and Glam! Spotted Red Carpet Trends from the Emmy's!

I love red carpets! It's not only when I become insanely jealous that I don't have a gorgeous Marchesa gown myself, but also (besides FW) where I look to spot out popular colors, accessories, and even nails polish looks for what's to trend this winter! Here's what's under my trend radar from what I saw last night!... Keep in mind these are spotted TRENDS I'm talking about not best dressed. I have a few Jone River status critiques to come!

1) BLACK is BACK!

Thank God too, because more than half my wardrobe is swimming in a sea of it! The Zac Posen gown worn by January Jones was my # 1 fav dress on the carpet! (the gown itself that is) It wasn't just any plain old black, it was a gorgeous sheer material with silver metallic all mixed in. So I say Metallic Blacks and sheer blacks will be trending!

*How to wear it? Sheer black blouses for a sexy look, black skinny jeans with an ankle cut off boot, metallic blazers, even nail polish!

2) Ice Blues & Sea Foam Greens!

This is a trend I predict to see more of in the winter. The light blues and greens will give the dark winter months a more whimsical feel. On another note, who else died over Hiedi Kulm in Alexandre Vauthier Couture and then Julianne Hough in Georges Hobeika? Because I did! haha

*How to wear it? This is a feminine look so, a long flowing cardigan, a loose fitting high-lo blouse, jewelry pieces like a sea green stoned statement ring, even a scarf to add color to a monotone outfit! Now I need one! haha

3) Gunmetals in Chiffon and Sequins!

This is a color I believe you can wear for both fall and winter. Choose the tones wisely so it doesn't wash you out.

How to wear? Over sized sweaters, bandage skirts, Sequined blouses and blazers!

4) Gradient Glitter Tips!

Lot's of the celebrities were accessorizing their gowns with glittered, jeweled and sequined nails. One repeat trend was the gradient glitter tips in a pastels, that both Julianne Hough and Sarah Hyland wore. I will probably be doing this later on tonight!

How to wear? You can get silver glitter nail polish and sequins basically anywhere now. Pick a good base color and glitz up as you wish!

Did you guys watch the red carpet? If so what looks were you favorite!?


                                                                                       -Stay Chic-
                                                                                                xo

No comments:

Post a Comment