Instagram

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pre-Fall Shopping | How to Shop Fall Fashion



Good morning beauties!

One of my Summer/Fall shopping rituals is to shop all of the summer sales in August! Why you might ask? Well here's a little "insider" tip for you guys.... summer sale mark downs are ridiculously LOW! That black Skater skirt you bought back in June for $60.00 is most likely in someone else's shopping bag right this very moment for $10-$20 bucks. Now before you go and curse the heavens and calculate all the cashola you could have saved, let's not forget how hard it can be to find a sale item you love AND one that's in your size. So that particular skirt may not even be available in your size anymore... but maybe that same one in cream is! 




Now the reason stores do this is because the have a deadline to meet. They have a set date (kinda..) where they're getting a boat load of brand new Fall merchandise... Yay! But in order to make room on their floor for all the new and sparkly items that will soon be arriving, they have to mark down all the older stuff to get it the hell out of the way! So what does this mean to you and I?!?! 

Basically what I do when these HUGE end of season sales happen, is throw on some easy to remove clothing, throw my hair up in a pony tail, and get my shopping game face on! ;)


  

This is the time where I rumage through all the junk and look for items that I can where now while it's still warm out ie. a bandage skirt for $15, but also transition into summer with sweaters, jacket, boots, scarves, ect. ect. I call this my "Pre-Fall" shopping. I do this BEFORE I go looking for newer fall items, because you never know what you might find and this can save you a lot of money!




So I put together a little list for you loves of what I keep an eye out for when shopping summer sales!These are all items that you can transition into fall with layers. Get out a pen & paper or jot this down in your notes app on your phone then shop! 

Pre-Fall Shopping List 
- Statement Skirts & Shorts in dark & neutral tones (sequined or prints)
- Lace shorts
- Distressed Shorts 
- Cardigans 
- Sweaters
- Tanks (you can always use tanks!)
- Chiffon/Silk Cami's, Tops, Button downs
- Jeans 
- Statement Bottoms
- Peplum Tops in dark and neutral tones (layer them with jackets)
- Blazers & Jackets
- Strappy Heels 
- Graphic Tee's and Tanks
- Dark and Neutral Dresses
- Scarves
- Ankle Booties


Don't forget your power breakfast! This is what I'm eating while writing this post! :p

Let me know if you guys would like me to do a whole entire video on this Topic! Also keep your eyes out for a future post on how to transition these mentioned items above into more fall appropriate outfits!! 

In the meantime here is a Haul from my YouTube Channel, of items I recently picked up during one of my "Pre-Fall" Shopping excursions!





Do you already do this? What specific items do you look out for while Pre-Fall Shopping?!
If not, are you going to try out my Pre-fall shopping list!? Let me know below!! 

                                                                                         -Stay Chic -
                                                                                                  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment