Instagram

Monday, September 23, 2013

How to "Pimp" Your Wardrobe &/or Be On-Trend

Hi Loves!

So I've done a lot of videos and posts on how to start and/or build you wardrobe. The first step to all of these video is knowing your style, then I try to show you guys all the essential and basic pieces you should have, then how to create different looks out of them. If you haven't seen those videos They are all linked below this post!

For some you may be like, "Okay Kaylee so I have all these basics and essentials, now what?" Now it's time to spice things up a little and get some pieces in your wardrobe that really showcase your style and creative expression! The trick to doing this is to welcome in a few "Statement" pieces into your closet along with some trends for each season.

**Just a side note to those of you who are new to my blog and YouTube Channel:  I always highly recommend to NOT spend a ton of money on trends! Always spend a little more on good quality basics but when it comes to trends, they often dye somewhere down the road so these are usually not the right kind of items to invest in.

So if you're feeling that your wardrobe  is lacking some life and color then keep reading to find some quick and easy tips on how to "Pimp" your Wardrobe!

#1
Look to What's Trending This Season

I try to consistently post a new video every few months too update you guys of the trends for that particular season, you can find these on my YouTube channel by following this link www.youtube.com/thestylesmeow, but educating yourself on what's trending is a quick and easy way to know what to add to your wardrobe in order to make it current. My suggestion and something that I do is, make a list of the trends that you like and feel would suit your style. (If your not sure what you Style is watch my "How to Find your Style" video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMUFcVCbxqY)

#2
Take Inventory of your Closet

What this means is, before you go shopping for new trends, make sure to check your closet for your what you are in need of. Let's say that you look at your closet and notice that you have a lot of wedges from summer, but now it's fall and you have only one pair of basic black boots. That's great that you have a pair of basic boots that you can pair with everything in your closet, but that gives you leeway to go out and purchase those leopard printed booties you had your eye on! So essentially you're looking at your wardrobe and saying, "Okay this is what I do have, this is what I need (like some type of basic or essential), and this is what I WANT!" - i.e. your trends and statements needs!

#3
Make Your Wishlist

Now that you have an idea of what's trending and what you style needs are, it's time to write out your wish list! I like to put my wishlist on paper in a note book that I use for specifically for shopping, then when I'm feeling antsy and in desperate need of new pieces, I go to my wish list and my bank account. That way before I run out and start over spending on items I don't need, I have a list to keep me grounded and remind me of what I could use...then I have my bank account to remind me of how much I can spend ha. I then write all the top items I want that day in my phone note pad and I'm ready to go!


I hope you guys found these tricks usefull?! Will you be "Pimping out" your style now after reading this? If so how?!

I have more tips to come including more specific ways you can upgrade your basics with trends and statement pieces that fit YOUR style! These tips will be in my "How to Pimp Your Wardrobe" video, I will be posting later tonight on my YouTube channel! So don't forget you can find it here www.youtube.com/thestylesmeow and if you would like, you can always Subscribe to my channel too so you never miss a new fashion video! It's really easy to do, it's free, and it shows your support of my channel and blog! Don't forget to say hi to in the comments! :)

I hope you all have an amazing day, and stay chic!

"Style is a way of saying who you are without having to speak"
-Rachel Zoe




No comments:

Post a Comment